Tuesday, December 7, 2010

WikiLeaks US and Sarkozy by Asha Bell



“US diplomats poke fun at Sarkozy in leaked memos” – France 24

The current WikiLeaks fiasco has proven very entertaining for me. It makes politicians seem like a bunch of bantering high school children even more so than they did in the past. In light of WikiLeaks I say "Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants." In this case, this quote is shockingly relevant. The US WikiLeaks about Sarkozy have shown what some politicians really think of the French president. I believe they help to paint a more honest picture of who Sarkozy is instead of the heavily censored image in the press and media now.

I honestly believe the WikiLeaks scandal has put fear into the minds of those politicians who think they can just say anything judgmental about one another and not have it see the light of day. The crooked politicians who are manipulative, dishonest and overly critical of one another have been the ones most hurt by this leak so in that regard I think it was very beneficial. Do I think it was responsible? No. I think Sarkozy was correct when he called the leak of information irresponsible. The public should have more accurate representation and information about their leaders but it shouldn’t be done in a way that jeopardizes diplomacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment